Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android help! rooting tecno n6s
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

help! rooting tecno n6s

help! rooting tecno n6s

rogers_issaya
rogers_issaya
rogers_issaya
Enthusiastic Member
18-04-2017, 10:44 AM

hey guys, can someone help me to create custom recovery and how to root tecno n6 i have searched on the internet but i haven't find one. thanks in advance.

Sent from my TECNO-W3 using the Hovatek Forum App
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-04-2017, 11:19 AM
(18-04-2017, 10:44 AM)rogers_issaya hey guys, can someone help me to create custom recovery and how to root tecno n6 i have searched on the internet but i haven't  find one. thanks in advance.

do you have the firmware of your phone?
also state the
* build number (settings > about phone > build number)
* android version
* chipset (use the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13054.html to verify the chipset)
* model of the device (verify properly if its tecno n6 or n6s)
rogers_issaya
rogers_issaya
rogers_issaya
Enthusiastic Member
19-04-2017, 07:00 AM
sir i managed to root and install custom recovery, i used the twrp and super su for tecno w3 with had the same chipset number mtk 6580 and i flashed the recovery using sp flash tool then later i installed super su via recovery now my tecno n6s is rooted successful

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-04-2017, 12:55 PM
(19-04-2017, 07:00 AM)rogers_issaya sir i managed to root and install custom recovery, i used the twrp and super su for tecno w3 with had the same chipset number mtk 6580 and i flashed the recovery using sp flash tool then later i installed super su via recovery now my tecno n6s is rooted successful

attach a screenshot of root verification using root checker @ https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...heck&hl=en
also share the link to the custom recovery you used so we create a guide for others with your model

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.