Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Custom ROM] Need install TWRP or Philz for Custom Rom on Acer Liquid Z6
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Custom ROM] Need install TWRP or Philz for Custom Rom on Acer Liquid Z6

[Custom ROM] Need install TWRP or Philz for Custom Rom on Acer Liquid Z6

Ji_D
Ji_D
Ji_D
06-04-2017, 09:56 PM

Hi,
So for reminder, I own an Acer liquid Z6 (T09) which I can not unfortunately extract the scatter file.

The only scatter file that I can exploit for now is either the one provided in the last update of Acer or that of another smartphone having the same chipset.

Last weekend I tried to install TWRP using "CarlivImageKitchen" and the scatter file from an MT6737.

This earned me a brick my phone. Which I succeeded in restoring.

After that, I compared the two scatter files that I had in my possession and I realized my mistake, some values were different ...

Scatter from Acer' update :
Code:

cache 0xcb000000
userdata 0xe4000000

Scatter from MT6737
Code:

- partition_index: SYS22
  partition_name: cache
  file_name: cache.img
  is_download: true
  type: EXT4_IMG
  linear_start_addr: 0xab000000 <-------------
  physical_start_addr: 0xab000000 <-------------
  partition_size: 0x19000000
  region: EMMC_USER

- partition_index: SYS23
  partition_name: userdata
  file_name: userdata.img
  linear_start_addr: 0xc4000000 <-------------
  physical_start_addr: 0xc4000000 <-------------
  partition_size: 0xc0000000

I have corrected the wrong values, but the problem that remains is the size of its two partitions ...

Merci
This post was last modified: 06-04-2017, 09:59 PM by Ji_D.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-04-2017, 09:45 AM
(06-04-2017, 09:56 PM)Ji_D Hi,
So for reminder, I own an Acer liquid Z6 (T09) which I can not unfortunately extract the scatter file.

The only scatter file that I can exploit for now is either the one provided in the last update of Acer or that of another smartphone having the same chipset.

Last weekend I tried to install TWRP using "CarlivImageKitchen" and the scatter file from an MT6737.

This earned me a brick my phone. Which I succeeded in restoring.

After that, I compared the two scatter files that I had in my possession and I realized my mistake, some values were different ...

Scatter from Acer' update :
Code:

cache 0xcb000000
userdata 0xe4000000

Scatter from MT6737
Code:

- partition_index: SYS22
  partition_name: cache
  file_name: cache.img
  linear_start_addr: 0xab000000 <-------------
  physical_start_addr: 0xab000000 <-------------
  partition_size: 0x19000000

- partition_index: SYS23
  partition_name: userdata
  file_name: userdata.img
  linear_start_addr: 0xc4000000 <-------------
  physical_start_addr: 0xc4000000 <-------------
  partition_size: 0xc0000000

I have corrected the wrong values, but the problem that remains is the size of its two partitions ...

Merci

First off, there's really no need to look at other partitions in this case. Your business lies solely with recovery so do keep it that way.
If all you used the MT6737 scatter file to flash was recovery then there are three possibilities:
1. The custom recovery you ported wasn't compatible
2. You got an error while trying to flash the recovery causing the phone to go dead
3. The phone doesn't support modifying core partitions

If on the other hand you attempted flashing other partitions outside recovery then you've gone overboard because you don't have your phone's Blocks Map and are trying to use another phone's . recovery and boot are relatively safe to dump and flash in this case, userdata and cache vary a lot

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ji_D
Ji_D
Ji_D
07-04-2017, 09:32 PM
Indeed, I think I made a mistake when flashing the rom, it is even certain.

The problem of partition size was revealed to me when reinstalling the stock rom with the Acer scatter.
This is where I compared the two files.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-04-2017, 02:27 PM
(07-04-2017, 09:32 PM)Ji_D Indeed, I think I made a mistake when flashing the rom, it is even certain.

The problem of partition size was revealed to me when reinstalling the stock rom with the Acer scatter.
This is where I compared the two files.

If you're using the scatter file included with the custom recovery, flash only recovery

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.