Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android TECNO W3 PRELOADER DAMAGED
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

TECNO W3 PRELOADER DAMAGED

TECNO W3 PRELOADER DAMAGED

Tjaytony
Tjaytony
Tjaytony
14-03-2017, 03:50 AM

HEY HOVATEK YOU GUYS SHOULD CHECK THE TECNO W3 FIRMWARE. THE PRELOADER IS DAMAGED. I CAN CONFIRM THIS BCUS IT HARDBRICKED MY PHONE. I FLASHED THE FIRMWARE SUCCESSFULLY USING DOWNLOAD ONLY IN THE SP FLASHTOOL AT 1ST. I TURNED ON THE PHONE BUT THE GOOGLE VERIFICATION IS STILL THERE.I FORGOT THAT FOR ME TO GET RID OF GOOGLE VERIFICATION I NEED TO PERFORM A FIRMWARE UPGRADE OR FORMAT THEN FLASH WITHOUT THE PRELOADER. UNFORTUNATELY I USED THE FIRMWARE UPGRADE OPTION IN THE SP FLASHTOOL WHICH WILL DEFINITELY FLASH THE PRELOADER TO IT DIS TIME. IT FLASHED SUCCESSFULLY BUT THE PHONE WONT JUST TURN ON AGAIN

WHAT DO U THINK I CAN DO. THIS SCARES ME BCUS ITS BRICKED CUS OF A DAMAGED PRELOADER AND ITS DEFINITELY VERY HARD TO UNBRICK THAT, ALMOST IMPOSIBLE..
NEED UR HELP PLEASE.
jospah prezz
jospah prezz
jospah prezz
Banned
14-03-2017, 06:18 AM
(14-03-2017, 03:50 AM)Tjaytony HEY HOVATEK YOU GUYS SHOULD CHECK THE TECNO W3 FIRMWARE. THE PRELOADER IS DAMAGED. I CAN CONFIRM THIS BCUS IT HARDBRICKED MY PHONE. I FLASHED THE FIRMWARE SUCCESSFULLY USING DOWNLOAD ONLY IN THE SP FLASHTOOL AT 1ST. I TURNED ON THE PHONE BUT THE GOOGLE VERIFICATION IS STILL THERE.I FORGOT THAT FOR ME TO GET RID OF GOOGLE VERIFICATION I NEED TO PERFORM A FIRMWARE UPGRADE OR FORMAT THEN FLASH WITHOUT THE PRELOADER. UNFORTUNATELY I USED THE FIRMWARE UPGRADE OPTION IN THE SP FLASHTOOL  WHICH WILL DEFINITELY FLASH THE PRELOADER TO IT DIS TIME. IT FLASHED SUCCESSFULLY BUT THE PHONE WONT JUST TURN ON AGAIN

WHAT DO U THINK I CAN DO. THIS SCARES ME BCUS ITS BRICKED CUS OF A DAMAGED PRELOADER AND ITS DEFINITELY VERY HARD TO UNBRICK THAT, ALMOST IMPOSIBLE..
NEED UR HELP PLEASE.
which option did you use on format? format all except bootloader or format whole flash
Tjaytony
Tjaytony
Tjaytony
14-03-2017, 09:20 AM
[/quote]
which option did you use on format? format all except bootloader or format whole flash
[/quote]

I didn't use any format option. Even if I'm to use any format option. Its suppose to be format all except boot loader. Which will cause the imei, modem etc to be missing after flashing. So I don't normally choose that option bcus of that. So I chose firmware upgrade. Whch will flash the preloader with it.

Now the phone wont even switch on even the sp flashtool won't even format, flash or do anything at all wen I connect the phone.
I even tried volume up, volume down, all of them together still give me error on the sp flashtool.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-03-2017, 05:26 PM
(14-03-2017, 03:50 AM)Tjaytony HEY HOVATEK YOU GUYS SHOULD CHECK THE TECNO W3 FIRMWARE. THE PRELOADER IS DAMAGED. I CAN CONFIRM THIS BCUS IT HARDBRICKED MY PHONE. I FLASHED THE FIRMWARE SUCCESSFULLY USING DOWNLOAD ONLY IN THE SP FLASHTOOL AT 1ST. I TURNED ON THE PHONE BUT THE GOOGLE VERIFICATION IS STILL THERE.I FORGOT THAT FOR ME TO GET RID OF GOOGLE VERIFICATION I NEED TO PERFORM A FIRMWARE UPGRADE OR FORMAT THEN FLASH WITHOUT THE PRELOADER. UNFORTUNATELY I USED THE FIRMWARE UPGRADE OPTION IN THE SP FLASHTOOL WHICH WILL DEFINITELY FLASH THE PRELOADER TO IT DIS TIME. IT FLASHED SUCCESSFULLY BUT THE PHONE WONT JUST TURN ON AGAIN

NEED UR HELP PLEASE.

There are 3 Tecno W3 firmware listed @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html and they have different Build Numbers as you can see.
There's nothing wrong with the firmware you flashed, what is wrong is that you downloaded and flashed the wrong build's firmware.
Build Number is getting increasingly important. If you can recall the original build number then state it else you'll have to try the other Tecno W3 firmware listed there and hope that one is the right Build for your phone
This post was last modified: 14-03-2017, 05:28 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Tjaytony
Tjaytony
Tjaytony
15-03-2017, 03:24 AM

There are 3 Tecno W3 firmware listed @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html and they have different Build Numbers as you can see.
There's nothing wrong with the firmware you flashed, what is wrong is that you downloaded and flashed the wrong build's firmware.
Build Number is getting increasingly important. If you can recall the original build number then state it else you'll have to try the other Tecno W3 firmware listed there and hope that one is the right Build for your phone

Tnx hovatek. u guys hve always been helpful to people here.
the problem i am having now is that the phone wont even come on or seen by the sp flashtool again. have tried force waking the phone by using volume up, volume down , etc wen connectin it to my laptop but nothing still.
And thanks again for the heads up about the build numbers of firmwares b4 flashing.
u guys are doing a very good and helpful job here on your forum.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-03-2017, 09:56 AM
(15-03-2017, 03:24 AM)Tjaytony Tnx hovatek. u guys hve always been helpful to people here.
the problem i am having now is that the phone wont even come on or seen by the sp flashtool again. have tried force waking the phone by using volume up, volume down , etc wen connectin it to my laptop but nothing still.
And thanks again for the heads up about the build numbers of firmwares b4 flashing.
u guys are doing a very good and helpful job here on your forum.

An interruption might have occurred at some point. A faster fix would've been to take out and reinsert the battery (according to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html ) . Since the battery is inbuilt and you might not have the tools or skiils to do that, you could keep charging the battery. It could take hours to get any sign of life

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.