Hovatek Forum

Full Version: problem rooting blackview tab8 ( sc9863A android 10 )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I Have a blackview tab8
SOC sc9863A 4/64GB with android 10 pre-installed.

I have followed this Guide to unlock the bootloader with success:
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32287.html

But know when I flash the patched boot image the tablet is stacked at logo ( doesnt boots at all)

I have tried the both the normal and canary version of magisk
And i Have tried also flashing with ResearchDownload and via fastboot.

the stock boot image is 100% correct because I am using it for un-brick after flashing the patched image.

Any thoughts what I maybe doing wrong?
( I have a lot experience with rooting devices since 2012 and all the vendors, LG,Samsung, Xiaomi, etc )

I have also attached the succesfull message from CMD for flashing the patched image
And the two messages from the tablet. The two lines message is the original boot image
the one line message is with patched image
(16-08-2021, 02:04 PM)stayros32001 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I Have a blackview tab8
SOC sc9863A 4/64GB with android 10 pre-installed.

I have followed this Guide to unlock the bootloader with success:

Have you tried rooting using recovery partition instead of boot?
(16-08-2021, 02:04 PM)stayros32001 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I Have a blackview tab8

did you create a custom vbmeta?
I had the same problem is iGET L203C, you have to sign magisk_patched.img, for example hovatek.pem , not necessary custom vbmeta.

python avbtool add_hash_footer --image magisk_patched.img --partition_name boot --partition_size 36700160 --key hovatek.pem --algorithm SHA256_RSA4096

"--partition_size 36700160" replace with your.

python avbtool.py info_image --image magisk_patched.img

Image size: xxxxxxxx
anyone know how to revert this after flashing rom it wont go past the blackview boot screen and the tablet wont stay turned off
(11-06-2022, 10:13 PM)PADI99 Wrote: [ -> ]anyone know how to revert this after flashing rom it wont go past the blackview boot screen and the tablet wont stay turned off

Create a thread by clicking Ask Question at the top