For those faced with the Wi-Fi NVRAM err 0x10, it really is nothing to worry about. Everything will work fine except this error message under Settings > Wi-Fi. We already dropped a guide on this at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-117.html but this fix doesn’t seem to work for Infinix Hot 2 X510 users running on Android 6 (Marshmallow) so we’re dropping this guide for you guys.
How do I remove the NVRAM Warning Err 0x10 on my Infinix Hot 2 X510?
- Setup VCOM drivers on your PC using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html
- Download TWRP recovery, modified Lk.bin and Preloader.bin at https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B9srKhKuVIMnTy1qczlTYlkwbnc&export=download and flash them to the phone using SP flash tool at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
- Download the TWRP backup of boot, secro and nvram for Infinix Hot 2 X510 at https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B9srKhKuVIMnMVVSS1l6WjBkSlk&export=download
- Unzip the TWRP backup and copy the TWRP folder directly to the Internal storage (do not copy into any folder)
- Boot the phone into recovery mode (see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-479.html)
- If prompted to allow TWRP modify the /system partition then Swipe
- If TWRP offers to root for you, select No
- In TWRP, tap Restore
- Select 2016-02-09–22-55-39_X510-D5110-M-Androidone-20160107
- Swipe to begin restore
- Reboot the phone after restore then go check Wi-Fi, the error should have disappeared
Hovatek….just a button away!